I CAN Charity is committed to protecting your privacy.
I CAN Charity, (data controller registration number Z6986438) (“I CAN”) is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is I CAN Charity of 8 Wakley Street, London EC1V 7QE.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and credit/debit card details (if purchasing)
- the name of any third party provided by you in connection with any purchase
- details of any donation provided, or transaction you carry out, through the website under the domain name www.adoptaword.com (the “Website”) and of the fulfilment of any orders
- any other information provided by you by filling in forms on the Website or in any correspondence from you.
We will not store your credit card details – credit card transactions are processed by a recognised third party merchant SecureTrading Limited.
We will never collect sensitive personal data about you without your explicit consent.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your order or enquiry.
- To ensure than content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or that I CAN feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive updates from I CAN for such purposes.
- To display your name and the word you have ordered on our website. Please note that once such information is made available on our website, it may be used by online search engines.
- To send a ‘tweet’ on Twitter from our account (@adoptaword) saying the word that has been adopted, with a link to the word and reason on the adopt a word website. Go to www.twitter.com/adoptaword to see more.
We may send you an email reminder when your Adoption Period is due to expire to enable you to renew your adoption of the Word. Otherwise, we will only contact you by e-mail if you have consented to receiving updates.
Any future communications resulting from your details being stored will allow you to “opt-out” from receiving further updates.
We will endeavour to ensue that the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with the Act.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
0 items £0.00
How your word
adoption will help
will provide a family
with a DVD giving them advice
about supporting their child’s communication.
will help us respond to
a call from a parent who is worried
about their child’s speech.
a child to
receive one-to-one support from a
speech and language therapist.
follow us at: @adoptaword